Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We are very pleased to welcome your child onto the Faith in Action Award Scheme for 2022. We look forward to guiding your child as they work towards their chosen award level, encouraging them to develop and build upon their unique gifts and talents as they become disciples of the modern world. In addition to participating in the range of activities associated with each award in their parish, school or community, your child will be required to attend 4 Reflective sessions. These sessions will provide your child with regular opportunities to share with the team all the good things they have been doing and they will be encouraged to explore these activities in the light of the Gospel message.
The dates for these Reflective Sessions will be as follows:
Saturday 12th February – Zoom link to be sent on registration
Saturday 5th March – St James the Great Community Centre, Petts Wood, 12.00 – 3.00pm
Saturday 21st May – St James the Great Community Centre, Petts Wood, 3.00 – 6.00pm followed by mass
Saturday 4th June – St James the Great Community Centre, Petts Wood, 10.00am – 2.00pm
Saturday 9th July – St James the Great Community Centre, Petts Wood, 3.00 – 6.00pm followed by mass
Saturday 17th September – St James the Great Community Centre Petts Wood, 3.00 – 6.00pm followed by mass
Final Submissions :
8th October – St James the Great Community Centre Petts Wood, 10.00am – 3.00pm
Saturday 19th November – St James the Great Community Centre, Petts Wood 4pm, followed by Mass at 6pm
- We look forward to building a relationship with your child, their school and parish community which we hope will provide a strong and supportive foundation for them as they grow and mature in their faith.
Role of Parents/Guardians:
- To listen to, encourage and support the young person in their service(s) and journal maintenance, practically, emotionally and spiritually.
- To facilitate the young person to attend the Reflection Points and Award Ceremony.
- To communicate with the local (parish/school) coordinator about any concerns.
- To pray for the young people participating in the award, and the FIA team.
- To celebrate with them in their successes and their journey milestones.
If you have any questions regarding your child’s participation in the Faith in Action Award Scheme, please do not hesitate to contact the following people:
- ‘Faith in Action’ Coordinator for Bromley Deanery – Kath Greenwood via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parish Priest
- Parish ‘Faith in Action’ Link (you will be sent details after registration)