On Saturday 28th January 2017 from 11am-1pm children, parents and guardians arrived at St Joseph’s Church, Bromley to find out more about the award and to register for 2017. After an initial presentation, the young people were helped to select the correct entry level to the programme and guided on the range of activities and projects which would contribute towards their award.
Faith in Action Launch Presentation
Silver & Gold Group
Working towards an active faith
We were delighted that the following charities attended on the day:
- CAFOD – http://cafod.org.uk
- LATCH Project (helping the homeless in Bromley) – http://www.latch-project.co.uk/
- Justice & Peace (IC) for Southwark diocese – http://www.southwarkjandp.co.uk/
- Bromley Homeless Shelter – http://bromleyshelter.weebly.com/
- Youth branch of St Vincent de Paul Society (SVP) – http://youthsvp.co.uk/
- Bromley MENCAP – www.bromleymencap.org.uk
Representatives for each charity engaged with the youth, providing information and numerous practical ways in which they could become involved in serving the needs of others.
34 young people aged between 9-15 years registered to participate in the award, representing 17 schools from within Bromley and beyond. Continued interest from those unable to attend on the day has prompted the team to offer a second opportunity to register on 19.2.17 and it is possible that up to 50 young people will take part in ‘Faith in Action’ this year.
The Faith in Action award is being organised and delivered by the Catholic Youth Ministry Team for Bromley Deanery – thank you to all those who are part of the team and to clergy, parishioners, teachers and volunteers who have assisted and supported this initiative.
CYM: Faith in Action Team